-   -   Suggestion to replace util-linux (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/8626-suggestion-replace-util-linux.html)

Mustafa Oezkan 11-29-2007 07:50 PM

Suggestion to replace util-linux

Hi,

i suggest to replace util-linux in favour for
[1]util-linux-ng. Util-linux is unmaintained since years.

[1]http://userweb.kernel.org/~kzak/util-linux-ng/

--
There's a difference between, doing wrong and being wrong.

Clemens Koller 11-30-2007 01:42 PM

Mustafa Oezkan schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> i suggest to replace util-linux in favour for
> [1]util-linux-ng. Util-linux is unmaintained since years.
>
> [1]http://userweb.kernel.org/~kzak/util-linux-ng/

I need a more recent hwclock which supports --rtc /dev/rtcN
which is included in the util-linux-ng, so a ACK from me.
The old util-linux seems to be close to death.

Clemens Koller
__________________________________
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH
Rupert-Mayer-Straße 45/1
Linhof Werksgelände
D-81379 München
Tel.089-741518-50
Fax 089-741518-19
http://www.anagramm-technology.com

Matthias-Christian Ott 11-30-2007 02:04 PM

Mustafa Oezkan <destruct.c@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

> i suggest to replace util-linux in favour for
> [1]util-linux-ng. Util-linux is unmaintained since years.
>
> [1]http://userweb.kernel.org/~kzak/util-linux-ng/

I agree, we should get rid of this old corpse. Only maintained software
is good software.

--
Matthias-Christian

Tilman Sauerbeck 12-01-2007 10:09 AM

Suggestion to replace util-linux

Mustafa Oezkan [2007-11-29 21:50]:
> i suggest to replace util-linux in favour for
> [1]util-linux-ng. Util-linux is unmaintained since years.
>
> [1]http://userweb.kernel.org/~kzak/util-linux-ng/

Thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look at it.

Regards,
Tilman

> > i suggest to replace util-linux in favour for
> > [1]util-linux-ng. Util-linux is unmaintained since years.
> >
> > [1]http://userweb.kernel.org/~kzak/util-linux-ng/
> >

> I need a more recent hwclock which supports --rtc /dev/rtcN
> which is included in the util-linux-ng, so a ACK from me.
> The old util-linux seems to be close to death.

Ah... one more update here. The --rtc option in the current
util-linux-ng is broken. A fix is already in the queue.

Clemens Koller