-   -   Apache, mod_php, gd library and jpeg support question (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/79678-apache-mod_php-gd-library-jpeg-support-question.html)

"Mats Pettersson" 04-30-2008 11:52 PM

Apache, mod_php, gd library and jpeg support question

Hi!

I just installed apache 2.2.8 and mod_php 5.2.5 with GD library. The problem
is that i can't get JPEG support from GD. I have PNG, XML, GIF support but
not JPEG (it says so when i do a phpinfo()). I have libjpeg installed and
according to the settings in the Pkgfile in opt/libjpeg it is compiled with
"--enable-shared" which i read somewhere is needed for GD to use it. Apache
and mod_php works fine besides the JPEG support. I'm using CRUX 2.3

Anything i've missed?

Clemens Koller 05-01-2008 08:17 AM

Mats Pettersson schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I just installed apache 2.2.8 and mod_php 5.2.5 with GD library. The problem
> is that i can't get JPEG support from GD. I have PNG, XML, GIF support but
> not JPEG (it says so when i do a phpinfo()). I have libjpeg installed and
> according to the settings in the Pkgfile in opt/libjpeg it is compiled with
> "--enable-shared" which i read somewhere is needed for GD to use it. Apache
> and mod_php works fine besides the JPEG support. I'm using CRUX 2.3
>
> Anything i've missed?

http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10303811

"Build the jpeg library from ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/ and compile php --with-jpeg-dir=DIR"

I think your question is more specific to GD and you
will get an answer from there more likely.

Regards,

Clemens

"Mats Pettersson" 05-01-2008 09:48 PM

Apache, mod_php, gd library and jpeg support question

> Mats Pettersson schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I just installed apache 2.2.8 and mod_php 5.2.5 with GD library. The
>> problem is that i can't get JPEG support from GD. I have PNG, XML, GIF
>> support but not JPEG (it says so when i do a phpinfo()). I have libjpeg
>> installed and according to the settings in the Pkgfile in opt/libjpeg it
>> is compiled with "--enable-shared" which i read somewhere is needed for
>> GD to use it. Apache and mod_php works fine besides the JPEG support. I'm
>> using CRUX 2.3
>>
>> Anything i've missed?
>
> http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10303811
>
> "Build the jpeg library from ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/ and compile
> php --with-jpeg-dir=DIR"
>
> I think your question is more specific to GD and you
> will get an answer from there more likely.

Thanks! Now it works!

/Mats