Old 04-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Johannes Winkelmann

Default User map (WAS: yet another off topic: contrib members profiles)

Hi,
[...]
> Besides, maybe we can add pictures or more information on the website to make
> it more friendly. The map we once had with the members locations was very
> cool.
The map is still online [1], and we're approaching 100 users [2]:
http://jw.tks6.net/files/crux/cruxmap.html

I've recently had the chance to add a couple of new users. To those of
you not on the map yet but would like to be, please feel free to send me
your contact information, and I'll add you too. I'll need the following
infos:
- City name and country (optional: state)
- Longitude and Latitude
- The name you want to appear; typically, I only use the first name or
a nickname
- IRC nick if you have one (and occasionally make it to #crux)
- time zone if you know it; I can find this out myself

Of course, if there's already a marker on the map for the place you live
in, you can omit long/latitude and timezone.

Thanks for your participation :-).
Johannes

Notes:
1) I recently had to do some fixes to make the balloon popups work again
after an update of the Google Maps API, but that's done now

2) As no one has asked me to remove him/her from the map, I assume we
have some stale entries, but they were CRUX users at some point in
time
--
Johannes Winkelmann mailto:jw@smts.ch
Zurich, Switzerland http://jw.smts.ch

Old 04-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Clemens Koller

Johannes Winkelmann schrieb:
> Hi,
> [...]
>> Besides, maybe we can add pictures or more information on the website to make
>> it more friendly. The map we once had with the members locations was very
>> cool.
> The map is still online [1], and we're approaching 100 users [2]:
> http://jw.tks6.net/files/crux/cruxmap.html
>
> I've recently had the chance to add a couple of new users. To those of
> you not on the map yet but would like to be, please feel free to send me
> your contact information, and I'll add you too. I'll need the following
> infos:
> - City name and country (optional: state)

Munich, Germany, Bavaria

> - Longitude and Latitude

11° 34′ O, 48° 8′ N

> - The name you want to appear; typically, I only use the first name or
> a nickname

Clemens

> - IRC nick if you have one (and occasionally make it to #crux)

"ximonda" or "miossyx" or some other random nick.

> - time zone if you know it; I can find this out myself

Europe/Berlin, currently: CEST or UTC/GMT+2

Regards,

Clemens