FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CRUX > CRUX

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Fredrik Rinnestam
 
Default Latest cairo breaks firefox

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 06:53:08PM +0200, Tom Rindborg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The latest upto to cairo (1.12.4) makes my firefox segfault when
> opening/playing around in the preferences dialog. I first suspected the
> removal of tee to be the culprit, but putting it back didn't help; neither
> did recompiling firefox.
>
> Anyone else?
> --

Does reverting back to 1.12.2 resolve your issues?

--

Fredrik Rinnestam
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 10-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Predrag Ivanovic
 
Default Latest cairo breaks firefox

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:53:08 +0200 (CEST)
Tom Rindborg wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The latest upto to cairo (1.12.4) makes my firefox segfault when
>opening/playing around in the preferences dialog. I first suspected the
>removal of tee to be the culprit, but putting it back didn't help; neither
>did recompiling firefox.
>
>Anyone else?

Afaik, firefox does not use system cairo since 12.0.
Check mozconfig, you'll see #ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
there.Also, check out

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=739096
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2566139

Pedja
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Fredrik Rinnestam
 
Default Latest cairo breaks firefox

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 08:11:29PM +0200, Predrag Ivanovic wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:53:08 +0200 (CEST)
> Tom Rindborg wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >The latest upto to cairo (1.12.4) makes my firefox segfault when
> >opening/playing around in the preferences dialog. I first suspected the
> >removal of tee to be the culprit, but putting it back didn't help; neither
> >did recompiling firefox.
> >
> >Anyone else?
>
> Afaik, firefox does not use system cairo since 12.0.
> Check mozconfig, you'll see #ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
> there.Also, check out
>
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=739096
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2566139
>

True, but other libraries used by firefox still depend on it.

--

Fredrik Rinnestam
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Tom Rindborg
 
Default Latest cairo breaks firefox

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Fredrik Rinnestam wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 06:53:08PM +0200, Tom Rindborg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The latest upto to cairo (1.12.4) makes my firefox segfault when
> > opening/playing around in the preferences dialog. I first suspected the
> > removal of tee to be the culprit, but putting it back didn't help; neither
> > did recompiling firefox.
> >
> > Anyone else?
> > --
>
> Does reverting back to 1.12.2 resolve your issues?

Yes, that solves my problem; however, see my followup to the subsequent
replies!
--
Hälsningar/Best regards, Tom
__________________________________________________ ______________________
Tom Rindborg Phone: +46-8-599 984 40
Stockholm, Sweden MailTo:tom.rindborg@fatburen.org
"If you have to hate, hate gently."__________________________________________ _____
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Tom Rindborg
 
Default Latest cairo breaks firefox

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Fredrik Rinnestam wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 08:11:29PM +0200, Predrag Ivanovic wrote:
> > On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:53:08 +0200 (CEST)
> > Tom Rindborg wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >The latest upto to cairo (1.12.4) makes my firefox segfault when
> > >opening/playing around in the preferences dialog. I first suspected the
> > >removal of tee to be the culprit, but putting it back didn't help; neither
> > >did recompiling firefox.
> > >
> > >Anyone else?
> >
> > Afaik, firefox does not use system cairo since 12.0.
> > Check mozconfig, you'll see #ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
> > there.Also, check out
> >
> > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=739096
> > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2566139
> >
>
> True, but other libraries used by firefox still depend on it.

I realized I was only accessing firefox via a (tight)vncserver on the
affected machines, and trying x tunneling via ssh did not exhibit the
problem, so my problem is obviously x related rather than firefox related.
Having recompiled tightvnc I am unable to start a vncserver, and I don't
have time for more testing tonight, so I'll stick with cairo 1.12.2 for
now.
--
Hälsningar/Best regards, Tom
__________________________________________________ ______________________
Tom Rindborg Phone: +46-8-599 984 40
Stockholm, Sweden MailTo:tom.rindborg@fatburen.org
"If you have to hate, hate gently."__________________________________________ _____
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Predrag Ivanovic
 
Default Latest cairo breaks firefox

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 20:45:01 +0200
Fredrik Rinnestam wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 08:11:29PM +0200, Predrag Ivanovic wrote:
>> On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:53:08 +0200 (CEST)
>> Tom Rindborg wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >The latest upto to cairo (1.12.4) makes my firefox segfault when
>> >opening/playing around in the preferences dialog. I first suspected the
>> >removal of tee to be the culprit, but putting it back didn't help; neither
>> >did recompiling firefox.
>> >
>> >Anyone else?
>>
>> Afaik, firefox does not use system cairo since 12.0.
>> Check mozconfig, you'll see #ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
>> there.Also, check out
>>
>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=739096
>> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2566139
>>
>
>True, but other libraries used by firefox still depend on it.
>

indirect breakage, then
FF is a mess, but I like it, and I am sure they will fix it by version, oh i don't know, 35?
So, next year
Now, if only they could make Android version little saner (i.e not needing dual/quad core phone to run smoothly...)
Opera runs just fine (both Mini and Mobile).

Pedja
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org