-   -   AW: AW: CRUX 2.8 x86 alpha (rc0) test ISO available (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/693688-aw-aw-crux-2-8-x86-alpha-rc0-test-iso-available.html)

"Christian Stankowic" 08-13-2012 08:12 PM

AW: AW: CRUX 2.8 x86 alpha (rc0) test ISO available

Hello Matt,

thanks for your fast answer.

> It seems you sent this reply only to me, not to the list, for what that's
worth.
I sent it both to you and the lists mail.

>This sounds like maybe missing support for devtmpfs. Do you have both of
these options enabled in your kernel config?
> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y

That did it, thanks a lot! :-)

> Can you give me some more information about what's not working with GRUB?
Can't fix it without knowing more, after all.
> Thanks for the feedback.

The screen seems to freeze directly while loading stage 1.5:

> GRUB Loading stage1.5
>
> GRUB loading, please wait...

My root file system is ext4 - could this be a problem? Can't remember having
a problem with this scenario on CRUX 2.7.1.

Best regards from germany,
Christian.