-   -   Started a MATE ports collection (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/682235-started-mate-ports-collection.html)

Chris Kruger 07-11-2012 01:08 AM

Started a MATE ports collection

Hi Crux folks,

I'm interested in getting the Gnome 2 fork, MATE up and running on
CRUX. So i've started my own MATE ports collection, and begun work on
making it so.

For those interested you can have a look here

https://code.google.com/p/crux-mate/

I don't expect anybody will want to help me out, but if people want to
I'm certainly not going to complain.

I'm heading in a straight line at the moment so I'm certain things
could be done a lot more elegantly that current, but that will come
later.

At the moment all the core MATE packages should compile, but I've yet
to get it up and running. Hopefully not too far off.

Chris K.

Matt Housh 07-11-2012 01:23 PM

On 07/10/12 20:08, Chris Kruger wrote:
> Hi Crux folks,
>
> I'm interested in getting the Gnome 2 fork, MATE up and running on
> CRUX. So i've started my own MATE ports collection, and begun work
> on making it so.
>
> For those interested you can have a look here
>
> https://code.google.com/p/crux-mate/
>
> I don't expect anybody will want to help me out, but if people want
> to I'm certainly not going to complain.
>
> I'm heading in a straight line at the moment so I'm certain things
> could be done a lot more elegantly that current, but that will come
> later.
>
> At the moment all the core MATE packages should compile, but I've
> yet to get it up and running. Hopefully not too far off.

Hi Chris,

I'm definitely interested in this. It's something I've been meaning to
do myself for quite some time but haven't had the time to dedicate to it
yet.

We're fairly busy with discussions about the next release of CRUX,
toolchain, x86_64, etc. at the moment but I wanted to register interest
here so you know there is some. :)

I will give your ports a try when I have some more time, thanks for the
effort.

Matt

Chris Kruger 07-16-2012 02:20 AM

Started a MATE ports collection

> I'm definitely interested in this. It's something I've been meaning to
> do myself for quite some time but haven't had the time to dedicate to it
> yet.

Cool. Glad somebody else will get some value from it.

> We're fairly busy with discussions about the next release of CRUX,
> toolchain, x86_64, etc. at the moment but I wanted to register interest
> here so you know there is some. :)

Np.

> I will give your ports a try when I have some more time, thanks for the
> effort.

Let me know how you go if you do. I think it's almost there. The part
that's not quite working is setting up defaults. I'm looking at that
now. I'm going to do an install from scratch to see how it goes
shortly. Install, sysup and the MATE install. That will be telling.

It's been a while since I used Gnome which doesn't help.