-   -   Don't create /run/udev manually for crux-2.7.1! (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/668595-dont-create-run-udev-manually-crux-2-7-1-a.html)

markus schnalke 05-19-2012 05:17 PM

Don't create /run/udev manually for crux-2.7.1!

Hoi,

I've done a fresh version 2.7.1 installation yesterday. I've
remembered the mail about the CONFIG_DEVTMPFS{,_MOUNT} options, so
this went well. Unfortunately, as I received the

/run/udev not writeable. Falling back to /etc/.udev.

warning, I did create this directory -- no good idea.

Hazel Russman provided the solution on linuxforums.org -- thanks.

Another point. If you put these flags in your kernel you
will get an error message next time you boot: /run/udev not
writable. Falling back to /dev/.udev. This doesn't do any
harm. Don't, whatever you do, create a /run/udev because those
who have done it lost control of their input devices. I think
this gets cleared up when you upgrade udev.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/coffee-lounge/188298-warning-crux-users.html

I write to this list because I haven't seen it mentioned here but
consider it worthwhile.

meillo