Old 04-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Hazel Russman

Default kernel flags CONFIG_DEVTMPFS and CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT

On Thu Apr 19 11:35:26 2012 Juergen Daubert wrote:
> [notify] udev: update to 182
>
> Important Notes:
> ----------------
> * new dependency kmod
> * the following kernel options are required:
> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y

It might be an idea to say whereabouts in the kernel configuration dialog these flags occur. I looked for them under Filesystems and couldn't find them. They are in fact located under Drivers/Generic driver options.
-- ----
Hazel Russman <hazel_russman@yahoo.co.uk>

Old 04-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Ryan Mullen

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Hazel Russman
<hazel_russman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu Apr 19 11:35:26 2012 Juergen Daubert wrote:
>> * *[notify] udev: update to 182
>>
>> * *Important Notes:
>> * *----------------
>> * ** new dependency kmod
>> * ** the following kernel options are required:
>> * * * *CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
>> * * * *CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y
>
> It might be an idea to say whereabouts in the kernel configuration dialog these flags occur. I looked for them under Filesystems and couldn't find them. They are in fact located under Drivers/Generic driver options.

Just a side note, maybe a useful tip - You can search for kernel
configurables in menuconfig by pressing the "/" key, and it will tell
you the path to the subsection in which they are located.

Otherwise, you may edit your .config file directly with your favorite
text editor before recompiling.

Hope this is helpful!

Ryan