-   -   Need help building CRUX 2.7.1 on a Dell R410 with a PERC H200 RAID controller (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/648661-need-help-building-crux-2-7-1-dell-r410-perc-h200-raid-controller.html)

Ori Johnson 03-25-2012 04:58 PM

Need help building CRUX 2.7.1 on a Dell R410 with a PERC H200 RAID controller

So, I'm working on building a CRUX 2.7.1 distribution on Dell r410
system that has a PERC H200 RAID controller built into it.

The system is located in a remote datacenter, so all my work is done
through the Dell DRAC interface, including remotely mounting the
Crux 2.7.1 media.

When I go to build the system, the hard drives are registering as
/dev/sdb (partitioned to /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2). Apparently
/dev/sda is being used by some other device, but I'm not sure which.

I can build the Crux 2.7.1 distribution on the system fine, and can
complete the kernel build OK.

However, when I reboot the system and the kernel finishes loading
up, I keep getting a "VFS Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block"
error (see attacehed image).

/etc/lilo.conf is set to use /dev/sdb as the boot device and
/dev/sdb1 as the root partition. /etc/fstab is set to mount
/dev/sdb1 as / and /dev/sdb2 as swap.

Any assistance at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks