Old 03-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Ori Johnson

Default Need help building bootable CD or Bootable Floppy

Help!

I need to build a bootable Crux2.7 CD ISO, or Floppy, that has the
mpt2sas drivers.

I've been hitting my head against the wall trying to figure this out for
the past week, but am getting nowhere.

Can someone help?

Old 03-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Shin Sterneck

Hi Ori,

Just to understand the question, are you trying to boot for a new
installation to a disk or are you trying to create a bootable crux
installation (like livecd?) with access to a disk using mpt2sas?

Regards,
Shin

Sent from my iPhone

Old 03-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Fredrik Rinnestam

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 05:38:41PM -0400, Ori Johnson wrote:
> Help!
>
> I need to build a bootable Crux2.7 CD ISO, or Floppy, that has the
> mpt2sas drivers.
>
> I've been hitting my head against the wall trying to figure this out
> for the past week, but am getting nowhere.
>
> Can someone help?

Looking at the kernel config for our iso
(http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=system/iso.git;a=blob_plain;f=kernel/linux-2.6.39.4.config;hb=2.7),
I see that mpt2sas is already built as a module. A "modprobe mpt2sas"
should load it.

--

Fredrik Rinnestam

Old 03-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Ori Johnson

Thanks Everyone, using the CRUX 2.7.1 distro I got passed that problem.

I am running into another issue, but will open another thread for that.

Thanks again!