Old 01-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Hazel Russman

Default Relinking X applications against libXaw3d

Is there a simple way to rebuild X applications such as xterm against libXaw3d?

I have just installed Xaw3d-1.5 from opt, which provides libXaw3d.so.8, whereas my libXaw is .so.7 (libXaw.so.6 also gets installed from the xorg-libxaw package but I haven't found anything actually linked to it).

If I create a link libXaw8.so to libXaw3d.so and rebuild apps like xterm, will they then automatically link to the 3d library? Or do I have to reset the libXaw.so link as well? And if I do, what effect will this have on existing apps?
--
Hazel Russman <hazel_russman@yahoo.co.uk>