Old 12-22-2011, 04:49 PM
samwyse

Default Questions about pkgmk

I've built crux without any optional packages and am now trying to add several*contributed*packages and am figuring out which of the opt packages I need. *Running with the -r option, adds every Pkgfile found below the current directory, which seems fairly useless. *I see two choices. *First is to have a small wrapper script, like this:

cd /etc/ports for PORT in opt/libxml2 contrib/lighttpd

opt/php opt/libjpeg opt/libpng opt/libgd opt/freetype contrib/php-gd*

do cd ${PORT}; pkgmk -d -i; cd ../..

done
The other idea (admittedly more SVR4-like) is to create a directory tree of the pkgs I want to*install,*perhaps*with symlinks back tot he /usr/ports directories. *This suffers from the fact that pkgmk -r doesn't seem to follow directory symlinks, so I'd have to create the tree with use lndir, assuming crux had lndir by default. *

I've also tried enhancing the above script to scan each Pkgfile for a "Depends on" line and installing those packages first, but I've discovered that the line is usually missing or inaccurate. *

BTW, the good news for the community is that I'm doing this in VMware Player, and am updating a wiki page as I go. *The page is*
http://crux.nu/Wiki/VMwarePlayer*, and it is referenced by*http://crux.nu/Wiki/CruxOnVMs, which I created following the style of the Crux on Laptops page.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Fredrik Rinnestam

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 11:49:18AM -0600, samwyse wrote:
> I've built crux without any optional packages and am now trying to add
> several contributed packages and am figuring out which of the opt packages
> I need. Running with the -r option, adds every Pkgfile found below the
> current directory, which seems fairly useless. I see two choices. First
> is to have a small wrapper script, like this:
> cd /etc/ports
> for PORT in
> opt/libxml2 contrib/lighttpd
> opt/php
> opt/libjpeg opt/libpng opt/libgd opt/freetype contrib/php-gd
> do
> cd ${PORT}; pkgmk -d -i; cd ../..
> done

prt-get depinst <whatever>