-   -   Snapshots of repos (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/58229-snapshots-repos.html)

"Ross Cameron" 02-18-2008 12:02 PM

Snapshots of repos

Hi there all.

I've been wondering,... I'm borrowing some desk space at a company that has a really restrictive Internet access policy.
A result of which is that I cant access anything over RSYNC. And I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

Whats the chances the core, opt and xorg repo's could be tarballed up and put up on http/ftp nightly, sorta like how the NetBSD pkgsrc guys do it?
--
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.

Some come from ahead and some from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have toubles with me!
-- Dr. Seuss