Old 08-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Markus Heinz

Default Recent mencoder - video and sound out of sync

Hello,

I have noticed that recordings of a DVB-T stream with mencoder are out
of sync with the recent mencoder version (mplayer#export-2011-08-16-1).
The previous version in the ports tree had been affected too.

The problem is as following:
I record a tv movie with the following options:

mencoder -endpos 120:00 -ovc copy -oac copy
-o /mnt/aufnahmen/my_movie.mpeg dvb://my_channel

The audio track gets out of sync to the video track right from the
start away. During the complete movie the difference can accumulate to
multiple minutes. This makes every recording done this way unusable.

For now my workaround is to stick with version
mplayer#export-2010-08-10-1 which does not exhibit this behaviour. With
this old version sound and video are in sync the complete movie.

Has someone else experienced this problem? Is there a better work
around than to stick with the old version of mplayer?

Regards

Markus