Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 PM
"jorg"

Default SV: About CRUX 2.4

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Clemens Koller
<clemens.koller@anagramm.de> wrote:
> Hi, Jorg!
>
> jorg schrieb:
[...]
> > I download the latest kernel 2.6.24.2 and syslinux 3.61 + the patches
> >

> > libsas: version magic '2.6.24 SMP mod_unload 686 ' should be '2.6.23.9
> > SMP mod_unload 686 '
>
> The module versions don't match here and kernel worries about module
> versions. You propably forgot to do a
> $ make modules_install
> ?
Actually, it looks the other way around: the module was compiled for
2.6.24, but the kernel on the CD is 2.6.23.9.

Jorg, did you only add the module to the CD, or also update it to use
the new kernel image? You'll need both to make it work.

Hi ,

I used the new_iso-buildref.txt as documentation

I completely rebuild the Kernel (2.6.24.2) with the options for SAS
Make; make all ; make modules_install
Cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz
Cp System.map /boot/

Maybe I have to go through the documentations about "compiling kernel and
howto recompile a current iso" again to learn how to solve my problem.

Is there no "easy" way just boot my original crux-2.4.iso
Have i.ex my drivers on a usb stick and then just insmod and load that
driver ?
Sorry for this stupid questions.

Thanks for your reply
/J

SNIP
> # CONFIG_SCSI_FC_TGT_ATTRS is not set
CONFIG_SCSI_ISCSI_ATTRS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_ATTRS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_LIBSAS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_ATA=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_LIBSAS_DEBUG=y

I didn´t do a make dep ? maybe the problems.

HTH, Johannes
--
Johannes Winkelmann
jw@smts.ch