Old 07-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Alan Mizrahi

Default Asterisk update

I have updated asterisk from 1.4 to 1.8.
The configuration and dialplan is not 100% backward compatible with 1.4, so
don't just run prt-get update on your production servers and expect everything
to work.

The 1.4 series port was renamed to asterisk14, and I intend to maintain it for
some time.

So now we have:
asterisk: 1.8.x
asterisk14: asterisk 1.4.x
asterisk14-addons: addons for 1.4
asterisk-core-sounds-core-sounds-en-*: english sound files for 1.4 and 1.8
asterisk-moh-opsound-*: music on hold for 1.4 and 1.6

Best regards,

Alan