Old 07-24-2011, 10:46 AM

Default Impossible to install Xorg. xmlsoft.org not reachable

Hi folks,
I am installing Crux for the first time and I have a problem
with the installation of Xorg.
Compilation is interrupted with the message:
===>Error: Downloading ´ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/libxml2-2.7.8.tar.gz´ failed.
prt-get: error while install

I have tried with additional ports:
collection=ports/crux-2.7/xorg/
collection=ports/crux-2.7/opt/libxml2/
collection=ports/crux-2.7/opt/libxml2-python/libxml2-python

All ports are directing to www.xmlsoft.org which is not reachable.
Any ideas how I could solve the problem ?
How could I set up a local repository ?

Thanks

Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Shin Sterneck

Hi Tom,

I still had a copy of the tarball within my source directory and
uploaded it for you to http://ports.sterneck.asia/libxml2-2.7.8.tar.gz
.
Just download it to your src directory so that the prt-get or pkgmk
will detect it and not try to download it from those unavailable
sites.

security wise it should match the MD5 checksum.

regards,
Shin

Old 07-24-2011, 03:35 PM

Thank you very much for your reply Shin,

but now it is the file libxslt-1.1.26.tar.gz that is missing.
Still from the same source --> fttp://xmlsoft.org.

Did you know another port-tree for xml*-files

Regards Tom

Old 07-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Fredrik Rinnestam

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 05:35:06PM +0200, tom.meyer@internet.lu wrote:
> Thank you very much for your reply Shin,
>
> but now it is the file libxslt-1.1.26.tar.gz that is missing.
> Still from the same source --> fttp://xmlsoft.org.
>
> Did you know another port-tree for xml*-files

Find your nearest gentoo ftp-mirror and download the tarballs from
there.

You can add something like:
PKGMK_SOURCE_MIRRORS=(ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/distfiles/)
in your pkgmk.conf

--

Fredrik Rinnestam

Old 07-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Shin Sterneck

Hi Tom,

try this mirror in Austria:
ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/pub/libxml/

regards,
Shin

Old 07-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Thank you Fredrik.

Finally I was able to continue my compilation
with the gentoo mirrors.

Regards