Old 07-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański

Default Udev, Raid, LVM2 and problems

2011/7/19 Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański <wawrzek@gmail.com>:

[...]
> [root on bizantium] /root $>vgscan
> ┬*WARNING: Activation disabled. No device-mapper interaction will be attempted.
> ┬*Reading all physical volumes. ┬*This may take a while...
> ┬*Found volume group "main" using metadata type lvm2

I addressed that one. It was option sat to 0 in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
which I had overlooked.
Question about /etc/rc.d/udev is still valid.

Cheers,
Wawrzek
--
┬*Wawrzyniec Niewodnicza┼äski┬* ┬* ┬* vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
┬* ┬* Linux User #177124┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* E-MAIL: wawrzek@gmail.com

Old 07-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Fredrik Rinnestam

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:43:15PM +0100, Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wrote:
> 2011/7/19 Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański <wawrzek@gmail.com>:
>
> [...]
> > [root on bizantium] /root $>vgscan
> > ┬*WARNING: Activation disabled. No device-mapper interaction will be attempted.
> > ┬*Reading all physical volumes. ┬*This may take a while...
> > ┬*Found volume group "main" using metadata type lvm2
> >

> I addressed that one. It was option sat to 0 in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
> which I had overlooked.
> Question about /etc/rc.d/udev is still valid.
>
> Cheers,
> Wawrzek

You must have udev listed as a service in rc.conf. Remove it, udev is
started from /etc/rc

--

Fredrik Rinnestam

Old 07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański

On 19 July 2011 12:51, Fredrik Rinnestam <fredrik@rinnestam.se> wrote:

[...]
> You must have udev listed as a service in rc.conf. Remove it, udev is
> started from /etc/rc

Thanks. I thought so and couldn't not understand how udev landed in my /etc/rc.d

Cheers,
Wawrzek