Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański

Default Udev, Raid, LVM2 and problems

Hi,

After recent reboot on of my software RAID array didn't started. I
fixed it (AFAIR I stopped it). The array contents LVM2 partition and
now I had problem with volumes. I can see them but not use. There is
following warning. Do you have any idea? I didn't play with any build
options, so I used default ones.

[root on bizantium] /root $>vgscan
WARNING: Activation disabled. No device-mapper interaction will be attempted.
Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
Found volume group "main" using metadata type lvm2

Finally. I'm not sure if it related or not but I see following error message:

Jul 19 11:09:33 bizantium udev: /etc/rc.multi: line 23:
/etc/rc.d/udev: No such file or directory

I don't remember removing udev file from /etc/rc.d. Do I need one?
What is the default?

Cheers,
Wawrzek

--
┬*Wawrzyniec Niewodnicza┼äski┬* ┬* ┬* vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
┬* ┬* Linux User #177124┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* E-MAIL: wawrzek@gmail.com