-   -   Crux 2.7 CD hangs with message "Loading module...ATA_" in Virtualbox 4.0.8 (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/542009-crux-2-7-cd-hangs-message-loading-module-ata_-virtualbox-4-0-8-a.html)

Matt Housh 06-20-2011 06:11 PM

Crux 2.7 CD hangs with message "Loading module...ATA_" in Virtualbox 4.0.8

On 06/11/2011 05:18 AM, tom.meyer@internet.lu wrote:

Hi folks,

Linux is not new to me but Crux is. I have a problem to
boot the Crux 2.7 i686 CD in the latest Virtualbox 4.0.8.
I have read some posts about bootparameters "noide, libata..".
The strange thing is that Crux 2.6 i686 CD boots like a
charm. On the same virtual machine with the same
parameters. Replacing the IDE controller with a SATA
reproduces the same error. With the bootparameters
"CRUX nodide noata" and the SATA controller the message
is "Loading module...SCSI_".

What are the parameters of the VM you've created which has this problem?
I'd like to duplicate it locally and try to solve it.

Thanks,
Matt