Old 06-09-2011, 07:03 PM
"Brian C. Lane"

Default Allow driver disc to be marked as usable for more than one kernel

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 12:00:24PM +0200, Martin Sivak wrote:
> This patch enables the creator to target more than one version
> using <=> operators in the Provides line.
>
> Resolves: rhbz#699745

I think this looks ok.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Jon Masters

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 12:00 +0200, Martin Sivak wrote:
> This patch enables the creator to target more than one version
> using <=> operators in the Provides line.

Taking a look and considering...an ok way to do it I guess, it's just
that it'll force existing disks to be rebuilt to target multiple
releases. I'll let you know if that's a problem.

Jon.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Martin Sivak

This is the easiest part, we might want to include module version checking as well to prevent the problems I have described before. And for that I need your input as I have no idea how that works in the kernel & modprobe world.

--
Martin Sivák
msivak@redhat.com