-   -   Allow driver disc to be marked as usable for more than one kernel (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/537559-allow-driver-disc-marked-usable-more-than-one-kernel.html)

"Brian C. Lane" 06-09-2011 07:03 PM

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 12:00:24PM +0200, Martin Sivak wrote:
> This patch enables the creator to target more than one version
> using <=> operators in the Provides line.
>
> Resolves: rhbz#699745

I think this looks ok.

Jon Masters 06-09-2011 08:14 PM

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 12:00 +0200, Martin Sivak wrote:
> This patch enables the creator to target more than one version
> using <=> operators in the Provides line.

Taking a look and considering...an ok way to do it I guess, it's just
that it'll force existing disks to be rebuilt to target multiple
releases. I'll let you know if that's a problem.

Jon.

Martin Sivak 06-10-2011 06:47 AM

Allow driver disc to be marked as usable for more than one kernel

This is the easiest part, we might want to include module version checking as well to prevent the problems I have described before. And for that I need your input as I have no idea how that works in the kernel & modprobe world.

--
Martin Sivák
msivak@redhat.com