-   -   question regarding "depends on core" (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/497980-question-regarding-depends-core.html)

Michal Soltys 03-06-2011 07:24 PM

question regarding "depends on core"

In port guidelines, there's a remark about not listing depends that are
in core, but from what I can see, most Pkgfiles (in core or not) do so
(and it's probably better this way - of course glibc is universally
excluded).

Just to be sure - what is the current stance on the subject ?

Juergen Daubert 03-07-2011 08:17 AM

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 09:24:56PM +0100, Michal Soltys wrote:
> In port guidelines, there's a remark about not listing depends that
> are in core, but from what I can see, most Pkgfiles (in core or not)
> do so (and it's probably better this way - of course glibc is
> universally excluded).
>
> Just to be sure - what is the current stance on the subject ?

See http://crux.nu/Main/PortGuidelines, the two essential points are:

- We list all runtime dependencies except for gcc (libstdc++) and glibc
- run-time dependencies from core which aren't dynamically linked in are
not to be listed

Greetings
Juergen

--