-   -   Crux 2.7 (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/474188-crux-2-7-a.html)

tom butz 01-09-2011 07:40 AM

Crux 2.7

'Helt enkelt' as they say in Sweden - piece of cake to get it
installed and running. My system is an SiS-one, so compiling was
a bit more dedicated.

startx brought up a screen straight away, though I need to spend
a bit more time ti find out why neither keyboard nor mouse worked in any
of the 3 subscreens. Couldn't even use Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.

Tom Butz, New Zealand.

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański 01-09-2011 11:59 AM

Crux 2.7

On 9 January 2011 08:40, tom butz <thomas.butz@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> 'Helt enkelt' as they say in Sweden - piece of cake to get it
> installed and running. My system is an SiS-one, so compiling was
> a bit more dedicated.
>
> startx brought up a screen straight away, though I need to spend
> a bit more time ti find out why neither keyboard nor mouse worked in any
> of the 3 subscreens. Couldn't even use Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.

It might be helpful. From the arch of the list:

did you try this in xorg.conf? :

1)
Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AllowEmptyInput" "false"
EndSection

2)
For some reason on my system (maybe because of an older kernel?)
I have /dev/event* devices. the 10-evdev.conf file in
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/
expects the input devices to be in /dev/input/event* (which they are
not on my system).

I'm tempoarily fixed the problem b y manually editing this file.

Cheers,
Wawrzek

--
┬*Wawrzyniec Niewodnicza┼äski┬* ┬* ┬* vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
┬* ┬* Linux User #177124┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* E-MAIL: wawrzek@gmail.com