FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CRUX > CRUX

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Johnny
 
Default /sbin/start_udev issue.

Hi.
I've found out that /sbin/start_udev script when called from rc.single remounts /dev direcrory and recopies devices from /lib/udev/devices/, which causes udev to function improperly. Devices aren't created any more in /dev/pts. So i would advise to put the following lines:

/bin/mount -nt tmpfs udev /dev -o exec,nosuid,mode=0755
echo > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
/bin/cp -a /lib/udev/devices/* /dev/

in the beginning of /etc/rc script and strip them out from /sbin/start_udev. That helped me to fix the issue.
/Sergei

_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 11-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Juergen Daubert
 
Default /sbin/start_udev issue.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 08:29:17PM +0300, Johnny wrote:
> Hi.

Hi Sergei,

> I've found out that /sbin/start_udev script when called from rc.single remounts /dev direcrory and recopies devices from /lib/udev/devices/, which causes udev to function improperly. Devices aren't created any more in /dev/pts. So i would advise to put the following lines:
>
> /bin/mount -nt tmpfs udev /dev -o exec,nosuid,mode=0755
> echo > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
> /bin/cp -a /lib/udev/devices/* /dev/
>
> in the beginning of /etc/rc script and strip them out from /sbin/start_udev. That helped me to fix the issue.
> /Sergei

thanks for the report. Looks like the script is not widely used,
because it's hasn't been modified since a long time.

Please file a bug at http://crux.nu/Main/Bugs for this issue.


regards
Juergen

--
Juergen Daubert | mailto:jue@jue.li
Korb, Germany | http://jue.li/crux

_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 11-17-2010, 01:20 AM
James Mills
 
Default /sbin/start_udev issue.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Juergen Daubert <jue@jue.li> wrote:
> thanks for the report. Looks like the script is not widely used,
> because it's hasn't been modified since a long time.

Why is not widely used ?
How do we start up udev on CRUX these days ?

cheers
James


--
-- James Mills
--
-- "Problems are solved by method"
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 11-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Juergen Daubert
 
Default /sbin/start_udev issue.

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:20:38PM +1000, James Mills wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Juergen Daubert <jue@jue.li> wrote:
> > thanks for the report. Looks like the script is not widely used,
> > because it's hasn't been modified since a long time.
>
> Why is not widely used ?
> How do we start up udev on CRUX these days ?

Sorry, was unclear, I meant rc.single with "not widely used",
only using that script triggers the error.


Greetings
Juergen

--
Juergen Daubert | mailto:jue@jue.li
Korb, Germany | http://jue.li/crux

_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 11-17-2010, 09:22 PM
James Mills
 
Default /sbin/start_udev issue.

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Juergen Daubert <jue@jue.li> wrote:
> Sorry, was unclear, I meant rc.single with "not widely used",
> only using that script triggers the error.

Hehe Oh I see

Yes I honestly can't remember the last time
I booted into single user mode either

Still we should fix this

cheers
James


--
-- James Mills
--
-- "Problems are solved by method"
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org