Old 11-10-2010, 08:49 PM
cory cardio

Default usb2network mock. fake usb as network interface

I have the original moto droid and its usb cable. i have a linux (crux) embedded system next to it. I would like to be able to get the embedded system's terminal on my droid while the droid is connected to the embedded system via USB 2.0.

In more detail, there are two ways to operate this system, one, very limited operations via the system's LCD screen. Two, with a cat6 cable, a laptop, and ssh.

The embedded system can not connect to the internet. No switches, routers, etc...

I have been looking, and researching for a way to have the CRUX system identify the android device/connection as a network interface. I am not sure if this is the correct way to go, but after spending some time researching, it seems this is my best initial option.

The next step would be having the droid see the embedded system / connection as a valid option to ssh to. And on this end, I am clueless...but this is an issue for the android devs.

Would somebody mind throwing me some ideas, references, products in order to help me take the next step?

Thank you in advance
-cc