-   -   CRUX2.4 megaraid_sas (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/44706-crux2-4-megaraid_sas.html)

"jorg" 02-01-2008 02:45 PM

CRUX2.4 megaraid_sas

Hi

*

Using Crux 2.4 on a new primergy tx120 with
a lsibuslogic controller and SAS harddisk in a RAID1

The controller are identified from CRUX but
the disks are not available .

*

Did the CRUX* 2.4 with the latest kernel
not support SAS disks ?

Or do I something wrong .

*

*

*

/J

*

*

*

Clemens Koller 02-02-2008 11:23 AM

CRUX2.4 megaraid_sas

Hi, Jorg!

jorg wrote:
> Using Crux 2.4 on a new primergy tx120 with a lsibuslogic controller and
> SAS harddisk in a RAID1
>
> The controller are identified from CRUX but the disks are not available .
> Did the CRUX 2.4 with the latest kernel not support SAS disks ?
>
> Or do I something wrong .

I don't know. :-)

The controller seems to be a LSI 1064. Google came up with:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/ataraid-list/2007-May/msg00006.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FakeRaidDebug

If you think it's a kernel problem, I'd try to compile the latest
(2.6.24 as of now) kernel and enable the necessary environment for
SAS disks if not already done - starting with the CRUX .config
which can be pulled from your CD or from iso.git:
http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=system/iso.git;a=blob_plain;f=kernel/linux-2.6.23.9.config;hb=514af62b424c06b6bba0b4236350129 2eca59c5b

For professional help, checkout the linux-raid mailing list.
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-raid

Regards,

Clemens

Joe Gilmour 02-03-2008 07:05 AM

CRUX2.4 megaraid_sas

jorg wrote:

> Hi
>

> Using Crux 2.4 on a new primergy tx120 with a lsibuslogic controller
> and SAS harddisk in a RAID1
>
> The controller are identified from CRUX but the disks are not available .
>

> Did the CRUX 2.4 with the latest kernel not support SAS disks ?
>
> Or do I something wrong .

Hi, I'm running that controller but I'm not using the built in RAID but
mdadm for the RAID. My kernel is 2.6.23.11 and it's been working fine
for months as a mission critical DB server.

The LSI stuff is in the SCSI section/low level drivers. Just above that,
still in SCSI there are SCSI transports, where you can enable some SAS
stuff as well. Mine has "SAS Domain" but not "ATA support for libsas"
nor "Compile the SAS Doman Tr...debug".

HTH,

Joe