Old 10-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Hazel Russman

Default Crus 2.6->2.7 update breaks gegl, pypanel

I have had problems rebuilding both these packages. In the case of gegl, I get the following errors:

CC svg_load_la-svg-load.lo
CCLD svg-load.la
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libpng12.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libpng12.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [svg-load.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/opt/gegl/work/src/gegl-0.1.2/operations/external'

The problem is that svg-load.la refers to both libpng12 (no longer present) and the current libpng14. I don't know why, as there is no reference to libpng12 in any of the makefiles or in config.

I was able to work around this by creating temporary links (libpng12.la and libpng12.so) to libpng14.la and libpng14.so. Gegl could then be built and the gimp seems to work with this gegl.

In the case of pypanel, the problem is with the built-in setup.py script, which fails to find python-xlib (it's actually in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/). I can't fix this as I know absolutely nothing about python. Any help would be appreciated.
--
Hazel Russman <hazel_russman@yahoo.co.uk>

Old 10-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Victor Martinez

I have had problems rebuilding both these packages. In the case of gegl, I get the following errors:

CC svg_load_la-svg-load.lo
CCLD svg-load.la
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libpng12.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libpng12.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [svg-load.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/opt/gegl/work/src/gegl-0.1.2/operations/external'

The problem is that svg-load.la refers to both libpng12 (no longer present) and the current libpng14. I don't know why, as there is no reference to libpng12 in any of the makefiles or in config.

I was able to work around this by creating temporary links (libpng12.la and libpng12.so) to libpng14.la and libpng14.so. Gegl could then be built and the gimp seems to work with this gegl.

Hello Hazel,
which svg port are you using? Here gegl builds fine without svg loader.
I got this footprint mistmatch:
MISSING -rwxr-xr-x root/root usr/lib/gegl-0.1/svg-load.la
MISSING -rwxr-xr-x root/root usr/lib/gegl-0.1/svg-load.so
The port seems to be built in a system with svg installed.

In the case of pypanel, the problem is with the built-in setup.py script, which fails to find python-xlib (it's actually in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/). I can't fix this as I know absolutely nothing about python. Any help would be appreciated.
Are you on CRUX 2.7 really? It has python 2.7 and here python-xlib and
pypanel builds well too, there are only a footprint mistmatch, because
.footprints have references to python 2.6.

Regards, Victor.

--
Learning bit by bit.
Victor Martinez | http://lokalix.dyndns.org