Old 10-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Piotr Bania

Default Polish translation.

Is it also possible that I place polish translation of documentation on my website? You know, popular distros like debian, slack, arch, centos have their own polish sites...or sites which advertise and support them. Is it possible for me to do the same with Crux?*

Greetings, Peter

Old 10-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Moritz Wilhelmy

Hello Piotr,
Excerpts from Piotr Bania's message of Thu Oct 21 19:13:19 +0200 2010:
> Is it also possible that I place polish translation of documentation on my
> website? You know, popular distros like debian, slack, arch, centos have
> their own polish sites...or sites which advertise and support them. Is it
> possible for me to do the same with Crux?

I don't think that's required as
a) crux removes NLS anyway, so you'll need to be able to speak english in order
to be able to use the system
b) the crux community is tiny and functional, and adding support and keeping
pages for different languages updated increases work

However, this is just my personal opinion.

But there's already a polish CRUX ports collection if I see that correctly (at
least it's called cruxpl), and they have a page for the polish crux community
at [1].

Best regards,

Moritz

[1] http://sirmacik.net/static/download/cruxpl-ports/
http://crux.org.pl/

Old 12-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański

Hi,

On 21 October 2010 20:30, Moritz Wilhelmy <moritz+crux@wzff.de> wrote:
> Excerpts from Piotr Bania's message of Thu Oct 21 19:13:19 +0200 2010:
>> Is it also possible that I place polish translation of documentation on my
>> website? You know, popular distros like debian, slack, arch, centos have
>> their own polish sites...or sites which advertise and support them. Is it
>> possible for me to do the same with Crux?
>
> I don't think that's required as
> a) crux removes NLS anyway, so you'll need to be able to speak english in order
> ┬* to be able to use the system
> b) the crux community is tiny and functional, and adding support and keeping
> ┬* pages for different languages updated increases work
>
> However, this is just my personal opinion.

I agree with you and I'm Polish

However, I see a point for NLS Crux, not everybody speak English and
sometimes you need to support such people.

Wawrzek

PS. It reminded me joke from the University (I hope that my English
will be communicative).

First class in a new academic year. Lecturer of a computer science
course asking the new group of students:
- "Do you speak any foreign languages?"
- "Yes" - replaying everyone.
- "What languages? English maybe?" - lecturer asking again.
- "Yes" - responding everyone with one exception.
The lecturer turning to that non-English speaking person:
- "What languages do you speak?"
- "Russian" replying the student.
- "Good"- saying lecturer and next pausing his voice for a few seconds
- "Let agree that you will learn English for the class next week."

PS2.
In Citrix (especially in XenSource group in Cambridge) we have and
going to have even more, Linux related jobs. Let me know if you know
anyone interested in.

Cheers,
Wawrzek
--
┬*Wawrzyniec Niewodnicza┼äski┬* ┬* ┬* vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
┬* ┬* Linux User #177124┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* E-MAIL: wawrzek@gmail.com