-   -   Installing Crux on a Compaq 615 Laptop (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/442162-installing-crux-compaq-615-laptop.html)

Plamen Petrov 10-20-2010 01:22 PM

Installing Crux on a Compaq 615 Laptop

На 20.10.2010 г. 15:52, david@norfair.se написа:

Hello!

Recently I have been trying to install Crux

Which version of CRUX, David?

on my laptop(Compaq 615)with poor results. Everything goes smooth during the partitioning,
installation and making of the kernel, but when I reboot the system
this pops up:

<snip>

6. 00:11.0 SATA controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 SATA Controller [AHCI mode]

While you are configuring your kernel, before you build it, you need to
enable the AHCI SATA module (either module, or built in - built in works
for sure) - you did not, so the kernel you compiled cannot find your
HDD, so it panics.

Best regards,
Plamen Petrov

10-20-2010 02:13 PM

Installing Crux on a Compaq 615 Laptop

>Which version of CRUX, David?

2.7

>While you are configuring your kernel, before you build it, you need to
>enable the AHCI SATA module (either module, or built in - built in works
>for sure) - you did not, so the kernel you compiled cannot find your
>HDD, so it panics.

I redid the installation-process for the 10th time now and made sure that the ACHI SATA module was built-in, still the same error. I am really baffled by this..

Best regards,
David Lind

Matt Housh 10-20-2010 02:39 PM

Installing Crux on a Compaq 615 Laptop

While you are configuring your kernel, before you build it, you
need to enable the AHCI SATA module (either module, or built in -
built in works for sure) - you did not, so the kernel you compiled
cannot find your HDD, so it panics.

I redid the installation-process for the 10th time now and made sure
that the ACHI SATA module was built-in, still the same error. I am
really baffled by this..

When you're booted into the installation media, 'lspci -k' should show
you which modules/drivers the kernel is currently using. From that you
should be able to tell which one will work after a reboot.

Does that one match the one you're building into your kernel?

Matt

Victor Martinez 10-20-2010 02:53 PM

Installing Crux on a Compaq 615 Laptop

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:13:20 +0200
david@norfair.se wrote:

> >Which version of CRUX, David?
>
> 2.7
>
> >While you are configuring your kernel, before you build it, you need to
> >enable the AHCI SATA module (either module, or built in - built in works
> >for sure) - you did not, so the kernel you compiled cannot find your
> >HDD, so it panics.
>
> I redid the installation-process for the 10th time now and made sure that the ACHI SATA module was built-in, still the same error. I am really baffled by this..

Hello David,
try adding PATA_ATIIXP support into the kernel.

> Best regards,
> David Lind

Regards, Victor.

--