Old 10-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański

Default device-mapper module in install kernel

Hi,

Am I right thinking that kernel from CRUX 2.7 iso missing
device-mapper module, therefore you cannot install distribution on the
LVM2 based disk?

I have created physical volume and volume group, but not succeed with
logical volume. lvcreate complains on lack of device-mapper.

Wawrzek
--
┬*Wawrzyniec Niewodnicza┼äski┬* ┬* ┬* vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
┬* ┬* Linux User #177124┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* E-MAIL: wawrzek@gmail.com

Old 10-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Matt Housh

Am I right thinking that kernel from CRUX 2.7 iso missing
device-mapper module, therefore you cannot install distribution on the
LVM2 based disk?

I have created physical volume and volume group, but not succeed with
logical volume. lvcreate complains on lack of device-mapper.

The dm_mod module is present on the ISO, is there perhaps another module
required that's missing?

Matt

Old 10-19-2010, 02:18 PM

On 19 October 2010 14:42, Matt Housh <jaeger@morpheus.net> wrote:
> On 10/19/2010 06:46 AM, Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am I right thinking that kernel from CRUX 2.7 iso missing
>> device-mapper module, therefore you cannot install distribution on the
>> LVM2 based disk?
>>
>> I have created physical volume and volume group, but not succeed with
>> logical volume. lvcreate complains on lack of device-mapper.
>
> The dm_mod module is present on the ISO, is there perhaps another module
> required that's missing?

No, nothing is missing.

modprobe dm-mod

resolve my issues (I was looking for device-mapper module). Thanks a lot.

Wawrzek