Old 10-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Кожухов Евгений

Default ip-up

For running pptpclient I install full-functional port "ppp" with commandson,poff,plog (by BLFS).But script ip-up is'n run with command "pon myPeer".If run script manually in terminal after command "pon myPeer", bash-interpretator don't understandvariables $1=interface-name,$5=remote-IT-address, provided by pppd.I create inet-connection under Gentoo (with "ip-up" script), but under CRUX I can't create inet-connection..*Thank you.
ulins

Old 10-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Predrag Ivanovic

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:00:49 +0400
Кожухов Евгений wrote:

>For running pptpclient I install full-functional port "ppp" with

Did you try pptp from contrib repository as pptp client?If you need PPPOE client, try rp-ppoe.

> I create inet-connection under Gentoo (with "ip-up" script), but under CRUX
> I can't create inet-connection..

As you might have guessed by now, there is no that kind of hand holding in Crux, you
are supposed to figure it out by yourself
Man pages are there for a reason.So is google.

From the blurb at crux.nu
" CRUX is a lightweight, i686-optimized Linux distribution targeted at experienced Linux users."
If you spend some time with it, you'll sure to get a lot of experience, which is a rewarding feeling,
not to mention the pleasure of using proper,elegant OS with a cool, albeit small, community around it
Good luck.

Pedja