Old 10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Juergen Daubert

Default CRUX 2.7 for i586

Hi all,

I'm on the way to replace my old router/gateway (Asus TX-87 board,
Cyrix 225 MHz CPU and 128MB RAM) with a new box build around a
dual-core Atom board [1].

Because of that I no longer need a i586 version of CRUX. However,
if other people still want/need such a version I might consider to
build again another one for CRUX 2.7.

Greetings
Juergen

[1] http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/D510MO/D510MO-overview.htm

--
Juergen Daubert | mailto:jue@jue.li
Korb, Germany | http://jue.li/crux

Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Markus Messmer

Hi Juergen,

On 18:30 Mon 04 Oct , Juergen Daubert wrote:
> Because of that I no longer need a i586 version of CRUX. However,
> if other people still want/need such a version I might consider to
> build again another one for CRUX 2.7.

I'd appreciate a build of yours.

Regards
Markus

Old 10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Glenn Becker

Juergen,

I'm on the way to replace my old router/gateway (Asus TX-87 board,
Cyrix 225 MHz CPU and 128MB RAM) with a new box build around a
dual-core Atom board [1].

Because of that I no longer need a i586 version of CRUX. However,
if other people still want/need such a version I might consider to
build again another one for CRUX 2.7.

I have an older machine I would love to rehabilitate. I could definitely
use an i586 build of CRUX 2.7.

Thanks,

Glenn

Old 10-07-2010, 12:30 AM
James Mills

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Glenn Becker <burningc@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> I have an older machine I would love to rehabilitate. I could definitely use
> an i586 build of CRUX 2.7.

You guys are mad Get with the times!
Get a nice shiny new AMD Phenom

cheers
James

--
-- James Mills

Old 10-08-2010, 09:04 PM
clare johnstone

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Juergen Daubert <jue@jue.li> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Because of that I no longer need a i586 version of CRUX. However,
> if other people still want/need such a version I might consider to
> build again another one for CRUX 2.7.
>

> Greetings
> Juergen

Hi Jue,
First Please let me say thank you for all you have done for Crux, and
are still doing.

Like one ot the other respondents I don't NEED a 586 version but soon,
when my life becomes less busy, I hope to experiment with one or more
favorite older machines.

The advantages of Crux have kept me using it since near the beginning
but the method of making a new version has only a few times been
written (briefly) for users.
It would add a lot to Crux if the documentation included a description
of the method of making the distribution. I hope that you might do
that, or encourage others to do so.

Kind regards,
clare johnstone

Old 10-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Danny Rawlins

James Mills wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Glenn Becker <burningc@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
>
>> I have an older machine I would love to rehabilitate. I could definitely use
>> an i586 build of CRUX 2.7.
>>

> You guys are mad Get with the times!
> Get a nice shiny new AMD Phenom

I have both a shiny new AMD Phenom AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
and a old K6 heck I could put crux on a 486 if I really wanted to.

You could bootstrap the old crux 2.6 i586 and rebuild it.
> cheers
> James

Regards,
Danny

Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Juergen Daubert

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 06:30:15PM +0200, Juergen Daubert wrote:
[...]
> Because of that I no longer need a i586 version of CRUX. However,
> if other people still want/need such a version I might consider to
> build again another one for CRUX 2.7.

thanks for the feedback. I've just uploaded the image, see [1].

best regards
Juergen

[1] http://crux.nu/Main/Download