Old 09-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Emmanuel Benisty

Default cairo package

Hi,

I just read this earlier today:
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-September/017852.html

I thought it may be interesting to share as I saw that cairo-1.10.0
(updated today on the CRUX-2.7 branch) is built with xcb enabled as
well (and I guess it's the same for the CRUX-2.6 branch).

Taking this opportunity to say that I just installed CRUX-2.7-rc2 this
week-end and I *really* enjoy it so far. I'm a 5 years old archer and
I am very impressed with the sheer simplicity and elegance of CRUX.
Thanks a lot to all you developers, contributors and users that made
it happen and make it live. I just found a new home.

Regards,
-- Emmanuel

Old 09-09-2010, 12:46 AM
James Mills

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Emmanuel Benisty <benisty.e@gmail.com> wrote:
> Taking this opportunity to say that I just installed CRUX-2.7-rc2 this
> week-end and I *really* enjoy it so far. I'm a 5 years old archer and
> I am very impressed with the sheer simplicity and elegance of CRUX.
> Thanks a lot to all you developers, contributors and users that made
> it happen and make it live. I just found a new home.

It's funny (strange even) how often we get Arch users trying out CRUX
Everyone that's been using CRUX as long as some of us know that Arch
has over time borrowed ideas and features from CRUX

--James

PS: Welcome to CRUX

--
-- James Mills

Old 09-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Emmanuel Benisty

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:46 AM, James Mills
<prologic@shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Emmanuel Benisty <benisty.e@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Taking this opportunity to say that I just installed CRUX-2.7-rc2 this
>> week-end and I *really* enjoy it so far. I'm a 5 years old archer and
>> I am very impressed with the sheer simplicity and elegance of CRUX.
>> Thanks a lot to all you developers, contributors and users that made
>> it happen and make it live. I just found a new home.
>
> It's funny (strange even) how often we get Arch users trying out CRUX

Both distros have a lot in common [1] so I'm not /that/ surprised. The
paradox is that using (and loving) Arch is what made me move to CRUX
today. The more I used Arch, the more a minimalism addict I became,
until I tried the latest CRUX -rc and realised how simplicity could be
sent to yet another level.

> PS: Welcome to CRUX

Thanks !

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Compared_to_Other_Distributions#CRUX

Old 09-10-2010, 03:17 AM
James Mills

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Emmanuel Benisty <benisty.e@gmail.com> wrote:
> Both distros have a lot in common [1] so I'm not /that/ surprised. The
> paradox is that using (and loving) Arch is what made me move to CRUX
> today. The more I used Arch, the more a minimalism addict I became,
> until I tried the latest CRUX -rc and realised how simplicity could be
> sent to yet another level.

I agree entirely (although I came from Debian to CRUX).

It doesn't get much simpler and easier than CRUX IHMO.

cheers
James

--
-- James Mills