Old 08-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Tilman Sauerbeck

Default CRUX 2.7-rc2 available

Hi,
I'm announcing the second release candidate of CRUX 2.7 (rc1 got lost
due to cosmic rays).

Preliminary release notes are available here:
http://crux.nu/Main/ReleaseNotes2-7,
and the ISO itself is available on our mirrors:
http://crux.nu/Main/Download

Please report problems if you find them

Regards,
Tilman

> I'm announcing the second release candidate of CRUX 2.7 (rc1 got lost
> due to cosmic rays).

Good works guys (and Tilman!)

I'll attempt an upgrade of my PC/Desktop this weekend and server
upgrades (my own).

cheers
James

--
-- James Mills

Old 08-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Predrag Ivanovic

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:48:30 +0200
Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm announcing the second release candidate of CRUX 2.7 (rc1 got lost
>due to cosmic rays).
>
>Preliminary release notes are available here:
>http://crux.nu/Main/ReleaseNotes2-7,
>and the ISO itself is available on our mirrors:
>http://crux.nu/Main/Download
>
>From release notes:
"Besides the usual ISO image, an image suitable
for USB thumbdrives is available from our download mirrors."

I don't see image for USB thumbdrives on a (few) full mirrors that I checked.
Or should I wait for them to sync?

>Please report problems if you find them
Hopefully, none .But we will see.

>Regards,
>Tilman

Pedja
--
Satan did it

Old 08-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Tilman Sauerbeck

Predrag Ivanovic [2010-08-23 07:04]:
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:48:30 +0200
> Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
>
> >I'm announcing the second release candidate of CRUX 2.7 (rc1 got lost
> >due to cosmic rays).
> >
> >Preliminary release notes are available here:
> >http://crux.nu/Main/ReleaseNotes2-7,
> >and the ISO itself is available on our mirrors:
> >http://crux.nu/Main/Download
> >
> >From release notes:
> "Besides the usual ISO image, an image suitable
> for USB thumbdrives is available from our download mirrors."
>
> I don't see image for USB thumbdrives on a (few) full mirrors that I checked.
> Or should I wait for them to sync?

The USB image should be available now. Please let me know if it worked
for you -- I cannot test it myself (my hardware doesn't allow me to boot
from USB).

Regards,
Tilman

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Moritz Wilhelmy

Hello,

the arch people merged the USB image and the ISO somehow, so it's only one file
now which can be either burnt on CD or written on a USB stick [1],
I don't know how they do it, but I think this might be interesting for us too?

Kind regards,

Moritz

[1] http://www.archlinux.org/download/