Old 01-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Lars Davidsson

Default Wrong ownership when extracting files CRUX 2.4

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and have been using CRUX since version 1.0 on servers
in my personal domain solan.se.

Thanks to everyone that have been involved in the release of CRUX 2.4.

I don't know if I have found an issue here with CRUX 2.4, ... I have problem
with ownership when extracting (tar) files on a box running CRUX 2.4. Restored
files will always get ownership root.root. I have tried the -p flag, but
nothing seems to help, and yes, users/groups are there in /etc/passwd and
/etc/group.

On my CRUX 1.0 (yes I still have one up and running) and CRUX 2.1 boxes I
don't have problem with tar, ownership and extracting files.

If I compile the CRUX 2.4 tar package without the tar-rootp.patch, things
works fine, my restored files will have correct ownership.

Comments?

I have tried to find some info about it.

Thanks,
Lasse

Old 01-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Lars Davidsson

Hi again

Hold it, I think I did some error here, ....

Sorry.

Lasse

Old 01-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Lars Davidsson

OK, I think the problem is that tar (included in CRUX 2.4) ignores the
--numeric-owner option, --same-owner works though...

If I compile the tar package without the tar-rootp.patch, --numeric-owner
works, files get their correct ownership, not root.root.