Old 07-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Jose V Beneyto

Default portdbc

Hello,

I wrote a portdb client which uses libcurl and libxml2.

Some examples of usage:

# portdbc dups | grep mplayer

mplayer********************* 8

smplayer******************** 2

# portdbc getup xfce > /etc/ports/xfce.rsync

# portdbc search java

firefox-java-plugin** jdolan** httpup sync
http://jdolan.dyndns.org/jaydolan/ports/#firefox-java-plugin
firefox-java-plugin

firefox-java-plugin** opt***** rsync -aqz
crux.nu:orts/crux-2.6/opt/firefox-java-plugin/ firefox-java-plugin

java-gcj-compat****** ecarux** httpup sync
http://ecarux.de/ports/#java-gcj-compat java-gcj-compat

# portdbc repos | grep ' rsync ' | wc -l

19

For people who want to download the source code:

http://sepen.mine.nu/releases/portdbc-1.0.tar.bz2

Also I prepared a port for my private collection, to get a copy:

$ rsync -aqz mikeux.dyndns.org:orts/sepen/portdbc/ portdbc

I'd be glad to know your opinions and see any kind of reports and/or
patches.

Best regards,

--
Jose V Beneyto | http://sepen.mine.nu/

Old 07-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Victor Martinez

[...]

great, it's a really interesting util to get info about portdb in some
cases where there

isn't a web browser.

Thank you for sharing it.

Best
regards,

Regards, Victor.

--
Learning bit by bit.
Victor Martinez | http://lokalix.dyndns.org

Old 07-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Predrag Ivanovic

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:11:59 +0200
Jose V Beneyto wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I wrote a portdb client which uses libcurl and libxml2.

This looks interesting, it reminds me of surfraw
(http://surfraw.alioth.debian.org/), CLI to various search engines.
Check it out, making Elvi (web site search script) for Crux portdb
for it would be nice(hint,hint ).

Pedja
--
Your computer's union contract is set to expire at midnight.