Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 PM
harry boeck

Default /sys not mountet

Hi,

I have updated my box today and after rebuild nvidia I rebooted.
After rebbot I got an issue:

umount: /sys : device is busy
mount: none already mounted or /sys busy

The update included "util-linux-ng", is there a known problem ?

my mtab
/dev/sda6 / ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/sda1 /boot ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/sda7 /home ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/sda3 /save ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
none /proc proc rw 0 0
usb /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
/tmp /tmp tmpfs rw,noatime,mode=1777 0 0

Yes, /sys is not mounted and I'm pretty clueless.

Would appreciate any help.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Markus Heinz

Hello,

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 22:25:15 +0200
harry boeck <harryboeck@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have updated my box today and after rebuild nvidia I rebooted.
> After rebbot I got an issue:
>
> umount: /sys : device is busy
> mount: none already mounted or /sys busy
>
> The update included "util-linux-ng", is there a known problem ?

I have the same problem since I have updated udev from version 156 to
version 159. I think the problem is udev related since it disappears
when I downgrade to udev 156 again.

> my mtab
> /dev/sda6 / ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
> /dev/sda1 /boot ext2 rw 0 0
> /dev/sda7 /home ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
> /dev/sda3 /save ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
> devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
> none /proc proc rw 0 0
> usb /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
> /tmp /tmp tmpfs rw,noatime,mode=1777 0 0
>
> Yes, /sys is not mounted and I'm pretty clueless.
>
> Would appreciate any help.

Unfortunatly I have not found a solution which lets me use udev 159 and
mount the sysfs filesystem. I have tried changing the /etc/rc script
and /etc/fstab config file, but I did not reach a point where it worked
again. So I temporarly downgraded to udev 156 again to keep my system
usable.

Regards

Markus Heinz

Old 07-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Harry Boeck

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 23:01:34 +0200
Markus Heinz <markus.heinz@uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 22:25:15 +0200
> harry boeck <harryboeck@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have updated my box today and after rebuild nvidia I rebooted.
> > After rebbot I got an issue:
> >
> > umount: /sys : device is busy
> > mount: none already mounted or /sys busy
> >
> > The update included "util-linux-ng", is there a known problem ?
>
> I have the same problem since I have updated udev from version 156 to
> version 159. I think the problem is udev related since it disappears
> when I downgrade to udev 156 again.
>
> > my mtab
> > /dev/sda6 / ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
> > /dev/sda1 /boot ext2 rw 0 0
> > /dev/sda7 /home ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
> > /dev/sda3 /save ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
> > devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
> > none /proc proc rw 0 0
> > usb /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
> > /tmp /tmp tmpfs rw,noatime,mode=1777 0 0
> >
> > Yes, /sys is not mounted and I'm pretty clueless.
> >
> > Would appreciate any help.
>
> Unfortunatly I have not found a solution which lets me use udev 159
> and mount the sysfs filesystem. I have tried changing the /etc/rc
> script and /etc/fstab config file, but I did not reach a point where
> it worked again. So I temporarly downgraded to udev 156 again to keep
> my system usable.
>
> Regards
>
> Markus Heinz

Hello,

yes, downgrade udev did it.
thanks, Markus.

I will search for a solution.

Regards,
Harry

Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Bernd Eggink

I have updated my box today and after rebuild nvidia I rebooted.
After rebbot I got an issue:

umount: /sys : device is busy
mount: none already mounted or /sys busy

The update included "util-linux-ng", is there a known problem ?

my mtab
/dev/sda6 / ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/sda1 /boot ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/sda7 /home ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/sda3 /save ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
none /proc proc rw 0 0
usb /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
/tmp /tmp tmpfs rw,noatime,mode=1777 0 0

Yes, /sys is not mounted and I'm pretty clueless.

Inserting the command

/bin/mount -o remount /sys

in /etc/rc (right after the line "/bin/mount -a -O no_netdev") works for
me. The system appears to function normally after that.

Regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink