Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Bernd Eggink

Default Question about .footprint

Can anybody explain why pkgmk replaces the actual kernel version by
"<kernel-version>" in footprints (the pipe

sed "s| lib/modules/`uname -r`/| lib/modules/<kernel-version>/|g"

in line 199)? It doesn't seem to be used by prt-get or any of the
pkg-utils, and it makes .footprint unreliable as a TOC for other purposes.

Regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink
http://sudrala.de

Old 06-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Mikhail Kolesnik

Hello, Bernd.

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:04:10 +0200
Bernd Eggink <monoped@sudrala.de> wrote:

> Can anybody explain why pkgmk replaces the actual kernel version by
> "<kernel-version>" in footprints (the pipe
>
> sed "s| lib/modules/`uname -r`/| lib/modules/<kernel-version>/|g"
>
> in line 199)? It doesn't seem to be used by prt-get or any of the
> pkg-utils, and it makes .footprint unreliable as a TOC for other purposes.

This affects packages providing kernel modules (opt/madwifi for
example). Each user has different kernel version, so a footprint
(version) mismatch could be a common issue. I guess, that is the
only real reason of this substitution.

--
JID: fake.mike.k at gmail dot com
IRC: mike_k at freenode/#crux