Old 06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Hazel Russman

Default cups keeps resetting the server when I try to access it in firefox

Upgrading cups from 1.4.3-1 to 1.4.4-1 causes this problem.The readme says I need to reconfigure my printer but I can't reach the cups interface via firefox, regardless whether I call it localhost:631 or 127.0.0.1:631. I just get the message "The connection with the server was reset while the page was loading"

Going back to 1.4.3 clears the problem.
--
Hazel Russman <hazel_russman@yahoo.co.uk>

Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Juergen Daubert

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 08:52:24PM +0100, Hazel Russman wrote:
> Upgrading cups from 1.4.3-1 to 1.4.4-1 causes this problem.The readme says
> I need to reconfigure my printer but I can't reach the cups interface via
> firefox, regardless whether I call it localhost:631 or 127.0.0.1:631. I
> just get the message "The connection with the server was reset while the
> page was loading"

I guess it's a problem regarding to tcp_wrappers, which are enabled as of
cups 1.4.4, see my notify email. If that's the reason you should see it
in /var/log/cups/error_log.
You have to add an entry for cups to /etc/hosts.allow, see hosts_access(5).
At a minimum something like 'cupsd: localhost' if localhost is resolvable.

Greetings
Juergen

--
Juergen Daubert | mailto:jue@jue.li