Old 05-30-2010, 03:17 PM
hadzhimurad ustarkhanov

Default ports

hi community.
why the ports system not centralized like freebsd ports?

thx

Old 05-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Thomas Penteker

* hadzhimurad ustarkhanov (ustarkhanov@gmail.com) wrote:
> hi community.
> why the ports system not centralized like freebsd ports?

Is there a need to this?

I think the point is/was, that the only thing the CRUX-team has to do is add
the repo to the repo db (in contrast to maintaining
users/pws/authorizations/fodlers).

regards, Thomas

--
Cosmic ray particles crashed through the hard disk platter

Old 05-30-2010, 10:31 PM
James Mills

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 1:17 AM, hadzhimurad ustarkhanov
<ustarkhanov@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi community.
> why the ports system not centralized like freebsd ports?

The CLC (CRUX Linux Community) and it's development team
provide the following repositories of ports:

* core
* opt
* xorg

And a few others...

There is also a centrally maintained "contrib" repository
that has existed for quite some time now, which is a
collections of "user" ports maintained primarily by the
"user" community (contrib port maintainers)

cheers
James