Old 05-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Lukas Vesel

Default Good Idea for CRUX.

I have idea have make CRUX better for novice users. my idea is make a* "setup-kernel"* text dialog
when user can choose
1) COMPILE CUSTOM KERNEL
2) INSTALL KERNEL
3) INSTALL SERVER KERNEL

i dont know that is posible to add 2 binary packages of precompiled kernels..

why do that..?* fastest install process and when i install crux on more computers than i only choose a 2) desktop or 3) server kernel
there can be a 1) compile custom from sources allways too..

Old 05-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Benedikt Müller

And who should decide what the best kernel for a desktop is?
Additionally, it'll build over an our, cause it must have so many
drivers and file systems included.

2010/5/27 Lukas Vesel <lukves@gmail.com>:
> I have idea have make CRUX better for novice users. my idea is make a
> "setup-kernel"* text dialog
> when user can choose
> 1) COMPILE CUSTOM KERNEL
> 2) INSTALL KERNEL
> 3) INSTALL SERVER KERNEL
>
> i dont know that is posible to add 2 binary packages of precompiled
> kernels..
>
> why do that..?* fastest install process and when i install crux on more
> computers than i only choose a 2) desktop or 3) server kernel
> there can be a 1) compile custom from sources allways too..

Gruß, Benedikt