Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Jose V Beneyto

Default How to recompile all installed xorg

Hi,

On 05/19/10 21:16, James Mills wrote:

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Michael Norris<miken08003@yahoo.com> wrote:

How do I recompile all of my installed xorg packages without issuing the commands for each package one at a time?

Easy Use the amazing wonderful prt-get

$ prt-get update -fr -if -im `prt-get quickdep xorg`

This will ensure a rebuild, ignore foot-print mismatches and md5sum errors
and will rebuild "ALL" of xorg.

yeah, but this prt-get trick will rebuild all involved dependencies for
the xorg port

$ ( for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do echo $p; done ) | wc -l
96
$ ( for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do [ -d /usr/ports/xorg/$p ] &&
echo $p; done ) | wc -l

78

maybe you want to save sometime
$ for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do [ -d /usr/ports/xorg/$p ] &&
sudo prt-get update -fr -if -im $p; done

Jose V Beneyto | http://sepen.mine.nu/

Old 05-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Danny Rawlins

Jose V Beneyto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 05/19/10 21:16, James Mills wrote:
>> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Michael
>> Norris<miken08003@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> How do I recompile all of my installed xorg packages without
>>> issuing the commands for each package one at a time?
>>
>> Easy Use the amazing wonderful prt-get
>>
>> $ prt-get update -fr -if -im `prt-get quickdep xorg`
>>
>> This will ensure a rebuild, ignore foot-print mismatches and md5sum
>> errors
>> and will rebuild "ALL" of xorg.
>
> yeah, but this prt-get trick will rebuild all involved dependencies
> for the xorg port
> $ ( for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do echo $p; done ) | wc -l
> 96
> $ ( for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do [ -d /usr/ports/xorg/$p ] &&
> echo $p; done ) | wc -l
> 78
>
> maybe you want to save sometime
> $ for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do [ -d /usr/ports/xorg/$p ] &&
> sudo prt-get update -fr -if -im $p; done
>
> Regards,

I often move or remove built packages.

cd /usr/ports/xorg
. /etc/pkgmk.conf

CAUTION: be sure PKGMK_PACKAGE_DIR is set.

for f in (ls | xargs); do
rm -rf $PKGMK_PACKAGE_DIR/$f*
done

Then do the usual.

sudo prt-get update $(prt-get quickdep xorg)

Note that you may still miss some input,video or other ports of xorg for
those you could do.

sudo prt-get update $(pkginfo -i | cut -d ' ' -f 1 | grep '^xorg-' | xargs)