Old 05-07-2010, 02:38 PM
parijat chauhan

Default kernel configuraton

hi guys.

i am having compaq nx6120 laptop with intel 82801FBM ata controller.
i am not new to linux but when i compiled kernel on crux, it doesn't work.
actually it is hdd controller , that kernel fail to identify. i have
compiled with libata support.
and passed argument combined_mode=libata to linux kernel.
i want to know that what configuration i should change so that it can
identify controller properly.
and

Thanks & Regards
Parijat Chauhan

Old 05-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Fredrik Rinnestam

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 08:08:17PM +0530, parijat chauhan wrote:
> hi guys.
>
> i am having compaq nx6120 laptop with intel 82801FBM ata controller.
> i am not new to linux but when i compiled kernel on crux, it doesn't work.
> actually it is hdd controller , that kernel fail to identify. i have
> compiled with libata support.
> and passed argument combined_mode=libata to linux kernel.
> i want to know that what configuration i should change so that it can
> identify controller properly.
> and

I dont know the hardware personally but according to my quick google
search CONFIG_ATA_PIIX needs to be built into the kernel. is it (not as
a module)? What kid of drive is it connected to? ide or sata?
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_82801FBM

--

/Fredrik Rinnestam