Old 04-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Bernd Eggink

Default Problems with iwlagn since udev#153 - sorry, no success!

Am 23.04.2010 20:51, schrieb Juergen Daubert:

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 08:25:57PM +0200, Bernd Eggink wrote:

Am 23.04.2010 20:12, schrieb Bernd Eggink:

It worked after changing the sed expression to

sed -i -e 's|^FIRMWARE_PATH.*|FIRMWARE_PATH = /lib/firmware|' Makefile

which produces the correct line

FIRMWARE_PATH = /lib/firmware

I also retried the somewhat more elegant solution

make FIRMWARE_PATH=/lib/firmware

and found that this works as well (in contrast to what I said before,
probably because I had forgotten to update the package).

ARGHHH! I'm afraid have to take that back. I was thinking it worked
because I had switched to the cable network (I'm getting confused).
Actually it does _not_ work with any of the both methods.

Sorry for the noise. And, yes, reporting upstream seems to be a good
idea. Fortunately, udev-151 works quite well for me.

FIRMWARE_PATH=/lib/firmware/ should work. Note the trailing "/".

Still doesn't work.

I just realized that I built the package with a modified pkgmk of my own
which doesn't immediately abort if a compile error occurs. With the
original pkgmk, the package won't be built at all:

+ make FIRMWARE_PATH=/lib/firmware/
make --no-print-directory all-recursive
Making all in .
CC libudev/libudev.lo
CC libudev/libudev-list.lo
CC libudev/libudev-util.lo
CC libudev/libudev-device.lo
CC libudev/libudev-enumerate.lo
CC libudev/libudev-monitor.lo
CC libudev/libudev-queue.lo
CCLD libudev/libudev.la
CC libudev/libudev-ctrl.lo
CC libudev/libudev-util-private.lo
CC libudev/libudev-device-private.lo
CC libudev/libudev-queue-private.lo
CCLD libudev/libudev-private.la
CC extras/firmware/extras_firmware_firmware-firmware.o
extras/firmware/firmware.c: In function 'main':
extras/firmware/firmware.c:82: error: expected expression before '/' token
make[2]: *** [extras/firmware/extras_firmware_firmware-firmware.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
=======> ERROR: Building '/usr/ports/core/udev/udev#153-1.pkg.tar.gz'
failed.

I wonder if anybody has successfully built this port??

Regards,
Bernd
--
Bernd Eggink
http://sudrala.de

Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Juergen Daubert

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:32:00PM +0200, Bernd Eggink wrote:
> Am 23.04.2010 20:51, schrieb Juergen Daubert:

> >>ARGHHH! I'm afraid have to take that back. I was thinking it worked
> >>because I had switched to the cable network (I'm getting confused).
> >>Actually it does _not_ work with any of the both methods.
> >>
> >>Sorry for the noise. And, yes, reporting upstream seems to be a good
> >>idea. Fortunately, udev-151 works quite well for me.
> >>

> >FIRMWARE_PATH=/lib/firmware/ should work. Note the trailing "/".
>
> Still doesn't work.
>
> I just realized that I built the package with a modified pkgmk of my
> own which doesn't immediately abort if a compile error occurs. With
> the original pkgmk, the package won't be built at all:
>
> + make FIRMWARE_PATH=/lib/firmware/
> make --no-print-directory all-recursive
> Making all in .
> CC libudev/libudev.lo
> CC libudev/libudev-list.lo
> CC libudev/libudev-util.lo
> CC libudev/libudev-device.lo
> CC libudev/libudev-enumerate.lo
> CC libudev/libudev-monitor.lo
> CC libudev/libudev-queue.lo
> CCLD libudev/libudev.la
> CC libudev/libudev-ctrl.lo
> CC libudev/libudev-util-private.lo
> CC libudev/libudev-device-private.lo
> CC libudev/libudev-queue-private.lo
> CCLD libudev/libudev-private.la
> CC extras/firmware/extras_firmware_firmware-firmware.o
> extras/firmware/firmware.c: In function 'main':
> extras/firmware/firmware.c:82: error: expected expression before '/' token
> make[2]: *** [extras/firmware/extras_firmware_firmware-firmware.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> =======> ERROR: Building
> '/usr/ports/core/udev/udev#153-1.pkg.tar.gz' failed.

Sorry, should test my suggestions next time. The problem is that
we have to quote the path-string properly.

make FIRMWARE_PATH='""/lib/firmware/""'

works for me. Thomas' sed solution works as well if you add the
trailing "/".

Greetings
Juergen

--
Juergen Daubert | mailto:jue@jue.li
Korb, Germany | http://jue.li/crux

Old 04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Bernd Eggink

Sorry, should test my suggestions next time. The problem is that
we have to quote the path-string properly.

make FIRMWARE_PATH='""/lib/firmware/""'

works for me. Thomas' sed solution works as well if you add the
trailing "/".

Works here as well, thanks!

Bernd

--