Old 04-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Chris Lumens

Default Make it more clear what the purpose of the "Boot" column is (#584811).

> AFAIK, the zipl bootloader on s390x always installs its boot record onto
> the disk, that contains /boot (either separately or as part of the
> root-fs). In contrast to grub there is no free choice of putting the
> boot record even on another disk than /boot.
>
> Does that mean, the selection here will be ignored by the zipl backend
> of anaconda? That would be confusing at best. Or could anaconda choke
> when the user selects one disk with the radio buttons but puts /boot on
> another disk in the partitioning screen later on?

I don't really know how this is going to affect zipl. Clicking that
radio button just sets up the drivelist in bootloaderInfo, which really
only appears to change anaconda-ks.cfg and grub configs. It likely
doesn't do anything on any other architecture, but I have not given it a
try to find out.

Also, it's likely that this is the way it was in F12 as well.

- Chris