Old 04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Bernd Eggink

Default Problems with iwlagn since udev#153

Hi all,

since I updated udev to 153-1 the iwlagn module on my notebook is unable
to load the firmware. The files

/lib/firmware/iwlwifi-5000-?.ucode
are still where they used to be, but apparently expected elsewhere. I
had to go back to udev#151 to make the wlan working again. It's probably
a configuration problem, but I have no clue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink
http://sudrala.de

Old 04-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Jan Wiescher

Hi Bernd,

The link to the firmware is hardcoded in the configure script of udev 152.
I'm sure that also applies to udev 153-1. You might want to manually
change that before compilation.

See [1] for more information (in German).

Regards,
Jan

[1] http://blog.fefe.de/?ts=b531e7a8

Old 04-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Thomas Penteker

* Jan Wiescher (j.h.wiescher@gmx.net) wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> The link to the firmware is hardcoded in the configure script of udev 152.
> I'm sure that also applies to udev 153-1. You might want to manually
> change that before compilation.
> (...)

No sir!

,---- [ grep -A2 153 NEWS ]
| udev 153
| ========
| Fix broken firmware loader search path.

`----

To OP: are you sure you upgraded to udev-153?

kind regards, Thomas Penteker

--
Internet outage

Old 04-23-2010, 03:35 PM