Old 01-13-2008, 01:52 AM
"Fernan Bolando"

Default wifi start scripts

Hi all

Can anybody share there wifi startup scripts? I wrote a few scripts
that I manually run to select whether I will connect through the wifi or
ethernet.

I was wondering if you guys are using something else that works more
like the way crux is organized.

I hope that question was clear

thanks
fernan
--
http://www.fernski.com

Old 01-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Joe Gilmour

Fernan Bolando wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Can anybody share there wifi startup scripts? I wrote a few scripts
> that I manually run to select whether I will connect through the wifi or
> ethernet.
>
> I was wondering if you guys are using something else that works more
> like the way crux is organized.
>
> I hope that question was clear
>
> thanks
> fernan

Hi, sorry for the late reply. This is what I use. I've XXXXed out
parts you don't need to see but you get the idea. I have this in
/etc/rc.d/ and run it from rc.conf. I comment it out when I'm
travelling and start wifi manually then. The sleep command is needed
for ipw3945d to initialize before trying to access the card.

HTH.

Joe

#!/bin/sh
#
# /etc/rc.d/net: start/stop wifi
#

case $1 in
start)
/usr/sbin/ipw3945d
sleep 5
/sbin/ifconfig eth1 192.168.102.4 netmask 255.255.255.0
/sbin/route add default gw 192.168.102.1
/usr/sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid XXXXXXXXX
/usr/sbin/iwconfig eth1 key open s:XXXXX
/usr/sbin/iwconfig eth1 mode managed

/bin/umount /home/ftp
/usr/bin/smbmount //lhgw4/src /mnt/src -o
password="",uid=100,gid=100,dmask=755,fmask=644
/usr/bin/smbmount //lhgw4/ftp /mnt/ftp -o
password="",uid=100,gid=100,dmask=755,fmask=644
;;
stop)
/bin/umount /mnt/ftp
/bin/umount /mnt/src