FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CRUX > CRUX

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Juergen Daubert
 
Default downgrade of opt/nvidia

Hi,

I've downgraded opt/nvidia back to version 190.53 today,
because 195.36.08 was withdrawn by nvidia.
See http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/announcement.php?a=39


Greetings
Juergen

--
Juergen Daubert | mailto:jue@jue.li
Korb, Germany | http://jue.li/crux

_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 03-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Yu
 
Default downgrade of opt/nvidia

Ow, that really bad news.Thank you.*

2010/3/6 Juergen Daubert <jue@jue.li>

Hi,



I've downgraded opt/nvidia back to version 190.53 today,

because 195.36.08 was withdrawn by nvidia.

See http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/announcement.php?a=39





Greetings

Juergen



--

Juergen Daubert *| *mailto:jue@jue.li

Korb, Germany * *| *http://jue.li/crux



_______________________________________________

CRUX mailing list

CRUX@lists.crux.nu

http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux



_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 03-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Predrag Ivanovic
 
Default downgrade of opt/nvidia

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:38:07 +0100
Juergen Daubert wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've downgraded opt/nvidia back to version 190.53 today,
>because 195.36.08 was withdrawn by nvidia.
>See http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/announcement.php?a=39
>
>
>Greetings
>Juergen
>

190.53 does not build with kernel 2.6.33.
Patch from Gentoo bugzilla[1] attached for your convinience
I haven't tested it, though, I'll stick with 195.36.08 for now, since I have fanless graphics card, so
fan bug does not affect me...I hope...

[1]http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=301318

Pedja

--
astropneumatic oscillations in the water-cooling
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 03-19-2010, 12:55 AM
Danny Rawlins
 
Default downgrade of opt/nvidia

nvidia 195.36.15 is now out and fixes the issues and compiles on
2.6.33.1 just fine.

Predrag Ivanovic wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:38:07 +0100
> Juergen Daubert wrote:
>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've downgraded opt/nvidia back to version 190.53 today,
>> because 195.36.08 was withdrawn by nvidia.
>> See http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/announcement.php?a=39
>>
>>
>> Greetings
>> Juergen
>>
>>
>
> 190.53 does not build with kernel 2.6.33.
> Patch from Gentoo bugzilla[1] attached for your convinience
> I haven't tested it, though, I'll stick with 195.36.08 for now, since I have fanless graphics card, so
> fan bug does not affect me...I hope...
>
> [1]http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=301318
>
> Pedja
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> CRUX mailing list
> CRUX@lists.crux.nu
> http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux

_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 03-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Juergen Daubert
 
Default downgrade of opt/nvidia

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:55:33PM +1100, Danny Rawlins wrote:
> nvidia 195.36.15 is now out and fixes the issues and compiles on
> 2.6.33.1 just fine.

Thanks for the info but 195.36.15 is a prerelease, see [1].
I'll stick with 190.53 until the next official release.


regards
Juergen

[1] http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122606

--
Juergen Daubert | mailto:jue@jue.li
Korb, Germany | http://jue.li/crux

_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 03-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Danny Rawlins
 
Default downgrade of opt/nvidia

Juergen Daubert wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:55:33PM +1100, Danny Rawlins wrote:
>
>> nvidia 195.36.15 is now out and fixes the issues and compiles on
>> 2.6.33.1 just fine.
>>
>
> Thanks for the info but 195.36.15 is a prerelease, see [1].
> I'll stick with 190.53 until the next official release.
>
Oops I forgot to mention that it's a pre-release, so far it's stable, so
those that want to try a pre-release can still bump there nvidia
versions them selfs.
>
> regards
> Juergen
>
> [1] http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122606
>
>

_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 
Old 03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Predrag Ivanovic
 
Default downgrade of opt/nvidia

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:24:54 +0100
Juergen Daubert wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:55:33PM +1100, Danny Rawlins wrote:
>> nvidia 195.36.15 is now out and fixes the issues and compiles on
>> 2.6.33.1 just fine.
>
>Thanks for the info but 195.36.15 is a prerelease, see [1].
>I'll stick with 190.53 until the next official release.
>
>
>regards
>Juergen
>
195.36.15 is promoted from prerelease to official release status.
Time to update

Pedja
--
Yeah, yo mama dresses you funny and you need a mouse to delete files.
_______________________________________________
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu
http://lists.crux.nu/mailman/listinfo/crux
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:54 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org