Old 02-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Fredrik Rinnestam

Default New Crux x86_64 iso available.

I have refreshed the 64bit 2.6 iso and made available to those who are
interested. The new iso is built from the 2.6-newmedia branch, allowing
it to be put on a usb-stick. A quick cheat-sheet for how to do that
follows.

Anyways, the iso contains updated ports and kernel. Let me know if there
are any serious issues.

http://www.obra.se/c64/2.6/crux-2.6-x86_64-2.iso

USB cheat-sheet (from
http://jaeger.morpheus.net/linux/crux/tmp/convert-to-usb-notes.txt):

sudo prt-get depinst dosfstools syslinux (xz can be used instead of
lzma)

wget crux-2.6.iso

sudo /sbin/fdisk /dev/sdX
: o
: n
: p
: 1
: <enter>
: <enter>
: t
: b
: a
: 1
: w

sudo dd if=/usr/share/syslinux/mbr.bin of=/dev/sdX
sudo /sbin/mkdosfs -F 32 /dev/sdX1
sudo mount /dev/sdX1 /mnt/usb
sudo mount -o loop,ro crux-2.6-x86_64-2.iso /mnt/loop
sudo rsync -aq /mnt/loop/ /mnt/usb/
sudo umount /mnt/loop
sudo mv /mnt/usb/boot/{iso,sys}linux
sudo mv /mnt/usb/boot/syslinux/{iso,sys}linux.cfg
sudo sed -i -e 's/isolinux/syslinux/g'
/mnt/usb/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg
sudo umount /mnt/usb
sudo syslinux /dev/sdX1